Tim Crippen’s practice is focused on business transactions and advising closely held businesses and their owners.
For business clients, Tim organizes business entities, drafts and analyzes contracts, provides services and advice regarding trademarks and other intellectual property, provides advice on tax issues and assists in purchase and sale of business entities. He also regularly consults on corporate governance, human resource and succession planning issues.
REAL ESTATE LAW
Tim assists clients with real estate matters, including financing and leasing.
REPRESENTATIVE PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Author: Buying and Selling the Assets of a Bankrupt Company, Oregon State Bar Business Law Section Newsletter, December 2020
- Speaker: Harvesting Your Business: Operating and Preparing for Transition, Advanced Small Business Management, Portland Community College, 2015-2020
- Member: Executive Committee of the Oregon State Bar Securities Law Section, 2017 – 2021
- Author: Some Things to Consider When Dealing with Cannabis Industry Related Clients, Oregon State Bar Business Law Section Newsletter, Volume 1, Number 1, October 2016
- Speaker: Care and Feeding of Small Businesses, Multnomah Bar Association, April 5, 2016
- Member: Oregon State Bar Business Law, Real Estate and Land Use, and Tax Sections
- Member: American Bar Association, Business Law and Tax Law Sections
- Member and Chair: Board of Directors, Wordstock, 2011-2014
- U.S. District Court of Oregon
- Rice University, B.A. (2002)
- University of Washington, J.D. (2007)