Matthew is a results-driven attorney in the firm’s litigation practice group, with broad experience in commercial law, business disputes, and tort cases.
Matthew helps businesses, non-profits, and individuals achieve favorable results both in and out of court. His experience includes lien priority disputes, easement and access litigation, insurance coverage litigation, products liability, dram shop liability, timber trespass, personal injury, and breach of contract cases.
Matthew takes a broad view to his role as counselor. He helps clients identify their goals, and then vigorously pursues those goals whether that be through negotiation, mediation, arbitration, or litigation in Oregon’s state and federal courts. He takes pride in advising clients on how to avoid potential legal pitfalls in an increasingly complex business environment, and how best to achieve their desired results.
Before practicing law, Matthew taught high school English in eastern Washington State. He is fluent in Spanish, and has traveled throughout Spain and Mexico.
- U.S. District Court of Washington (Eastern District)
- U.S. District Court of Washington (Western District)
- U.S. District Court of Oregon
- U.S. Court of Appeals (9th Circuit)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Gonzaga University, B.A. (1999)
- University of Washington, J.D. (2012)
- Order of Barristers (2012)