Eric works with owners, consultants, developers, property managers and other professionals with real estate transactions, land use matters, regulatory issues and environmental compliance concerns.
LAND USE, ENVIRONMENTAL, CONSTRUCTION AND REAL ESTATE
Eric represents entities, individuals, homeowner and condominium owner associations, real property owners, developers, builders and others involved in real estate, land use and natural resource law.
Eric originally worked with the firm from 1998-2004, and returns to the firm in 2017 after working several years with other firms and being on extended activated military service, including time as a liaison between interagency organizations and Department of Defense (DoD) commands as well as service with the Office of Secretary of Defense working significant policy issues. His practice includes assisting individuals and corporations with:
- Land Use Permits and Entitlements
- Conditional uses
- Homeowner and Condominium Owner Associations
- Regulatory and Environmental Compliance
- Endangered Species
- Riparian Rights and Water Law Issues
- Easements and Boundary Issues
- Legal issues related to integration of Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) operations into construction, survey, agriculture, and other land-based uses.
Eric has given numerous classes and seminars to homeowner and condominium association managers, board members, owners, and supporting professionals and has been trainer for Community Associations Institute – Oregon Chapter. Eric has served as a co-editor for the 2004 Edition of the Oregon State Bar Construction Law practice group as well as co-authoring the 2004 Edition of the Chapter Entitled “Unique Issues Relating to State and Local Public Construction Contracts.” Eric clerked for the Honorable Jack L. Mattison in the Lane County Circuit Court in Eugene, Oregon. He is a Navy Reserve Officer, and a FAA-licensed Small Unmanned Aircraft System (sUAS) operator. He enjoys spending time working on his rural small acreage in the Willamette Valley.
- Federal Court of Claims
- University of Oregon, B.Sci, Biology (1993), cum laude
- University of Oregon School of Law, J.D. (1997)