Colin is a seasoned trial attorney helping clients succeed inside and outside of the courtroom. As the lead attorney on multiple jury trials, Colin has the experience to advise clients at all stages of litigation and is prepared to fight for his clients all the way to a verdict.
Counsels clients on the practical realities of litigation and then prepares full service strategies for effective results. This includes quick resolutions with properly crafted demand letters, immediate relief through temporary restraining orders or other provisional process and long-term success at trial.
Represents both landlords and tenants on all aspects of the rental relationship, including entering into a lease, the duties and remedies available to both parties, advising clients on legal and practical consequences of actions and then filing and litigating forcible eviction and detainer (FED) actions in state court.
Discovers and then recovers assets for judgment creditors using a variety of execution methods.
REAL ESTATE and LAND USE
Advises clients acquiring, selling and financing real property and solves title or other property disputes arising during this process. Resolves violations of local land use ordinances and codes through negotiation, administrative procedures and judicial involvement.
REPRESENTATIVE PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Oregon State Bar Board of Governors – Member, 2018 – 2022
- American Bar Association, Tort Trial & Practice Section Leadership Academy Participant – 2016-2017
- Owen M. Panner Inn of Court
- Oregon State Bar New Lawyers Division – Chair, 2015
- Oregon State Bar House of Delegates – Member, 2011 – Present
- University of Oregon School of Law Alumni Association Board of Directors – Member, 2006 – Present
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND AWARDS
- University of Oregon School of Law Outstanding Young Alumnus Award Recipient – 2015
- American Bar Association Young Law Division Scholar – 2013-2014
- American Bar Association Young Lawyer Division Star of the Quarter – Fall 2014
- University of Oregon School of Law, J.D. (2005)
- University of Oregon Clark Honors College, BA (2002)