BLACK HELTERLINE LLP has a 100-year tradition of providing quality legal services to emerging growth and established Pacific Northwest businesses, individuals, governmental entities and nonprofit institutions. We are currently seeking an experienced business/transactional associate to join our growing practice.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- 4-6 years of business transaction experience.
- Experience drafting and negotiating general business agreements (e.g., asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, commercial agreements, loan agreements, security and pledge agreements, operating agreements, and shareholder agreements).
- Ability to complete substantial high-quality work independently, subject to final input and review from senior attorneys.
- Strong organization and time management skills with the proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment while delivering high-quality work product.
- Hunger to grow and take full advantage of mentoring opportunities.
- Ability to provide client-centric legal solutions to business problems.
- Interested in building a practice in addition to working with, and supporting, other attorneys in the firm.
- Prior non-legal business work experience or education a plus.
The firm offers a collaborative team environment in addition to a competitive compensation and benefit package, including business development incentives. Black Helterline is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants and are committed to providing an inclusive workplace in which all employees feel respected and valued.
To apply, qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and law school transcript to Jill Valentine, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.